The purpose of CBER is to conduct rigorous research and translate and disseminate empirically-supported practices that promote equity and improve educational outcomes for all learners, especially those with or at risk for learning and behavioral difficulties. More about CBER
- CBER GA Research Symposium Brown Bag Breakfast with Provost KennedyCBER will hold our GA Research Symposium Brown Bag Breakfast with Dr. Craig Kennedy, UConn's new Provost, on Monday, October 8th. Dr. Kennedy will comment on what it takes to become a successful researcher in the 21st Century as well as provide graduate students with useful advice in a school of education. Please join us for this event!
- Register Now: NEPBIS’s Summer Behavioral Institute The Neag School invites current or future PBIS trainers or coaches to the University of Connecticut for the second annual Summer Behavioral Institute — a one-week, intensive program presented by national experts designed to develop your skills! For more information, please click the title.
- Jess Monahan receives the Lisa Pappanikou Glidden Scholarship FundJess Monahan, a CBER student researcher and currently a CBER graduate assistant, receives the Lisa Pappanikou Glidden Scholarship Fund. The fund is provided to students who are primarily engaged in the study of educating and/or training of special needs youngsters with severe and profound disabilities. Recipients of this scholarship have demonstrated high academic achievement. Congratulations, Jess!
- Emily Tarconish receives the the J. Raymond and Augusta H. Gerberich Fellowship Fund and the Lisa Pappanikou Glidden Scholarship FundEmily Tarconish, a CBER student researcher, receives the the J. Raymond and Augusta H. Gerberich Fellowship Fund and the Lisa Pappanikou Glidden Scholarship Fund. Recipients of these scholarships have demonstrated high academic achievement and leadership. For more information, please click the title.
- Northeast PBIS Network Leadership Forum: 5/11 Registration DeadlineDevelop your professional network in Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS). Enhance your capacity to work smarter and more effectively in implementing the PBIS framework. Join us for this exciting regional opportunity for PBIS leaders and implementers in the Northeast.
- CSCH Live Talk by Dr. Lisa Sanetti is now onlineDr. Lisa Sanetti gave a CSCH Live Talk on "Teacher Wellbeing: Secure Your Own Oxygen Mask First Before Attending." For more information, please click the title.